Located in central St John’s County FL, the St Augustine RC Flyers is a group of RC enthusiasts who derive enjoyment from building and flying model aircraft.
The goals of the club are:
- To further the sport of radio-controlled model aviation
- To encourage and support young people in the many aspects related to this hobby, including aerodynamics, electronics, flight control systems, and eye-hand coordination
- To promote a relationship among members that share technology advances and to help others learn this fascinating sport.
Members build and fly Gliders, Scale, Sport Planes, Helicopters, and Drones. Gas turbines are not permitted.
- Glider & powered aircraft areas with two maintained turf runways (N/S and E/W, 500’x100′ and 425’x100′)
- Sun shelters on dry concrete pads
- Ample room for drones and helicopters.
Most flying activity is on Saturday and Sunday between 8 am and 2 pm, however members can fly all week long from Sun up to Sun down. Night flying is not permitted. Our club operates under the auspices of the St. John’s County Recreation Department.
We are located in Elkton in St John’s County, Florida off of SR207 west of I95 exit 311. https://goo.gl/maps/B6CM1zzD7ACgqgCh8
If you are coming from I-95, from exit 311 go west on State Road 207 then take a right on Vermont Blvd/Alan Nease Rd (look for signs to the St Johns County Landfill/BMX) . The club field is located about 2.5 miles on the right side of Alan Nease Rd at the same entrance as the BMX track.